Google recently created a simple, one-page, interactive infographic of how it’s search engine works. It’s a fun, high-level look at crawling/indexing, algorithms, spam and policies… without getting technical.
It has some pretty incredible statistics, did you know that:
- there are over 30 trillion pages on the internet
- they rank search results based on over 200 factors
- they update their search algorithm constantly (sometimes more than once a day)
- their index is over 100 million gigabytes
- users conduct over 100 billion searches every month
View the interactive infographic at http://www.google.ca/insidesearch/howsearchworks/thestory/