We’re kicking off our 20 Questions series with an award winning real estate expert who has been serving the North Shore and Greater Vancouver for 11 years: Jon Pezzente
Jon is a rockstar real estate agent specializing in North Vancouver and West Vancouver luxury residential real estate sales. He has set records for highest sale price in various neighbourhoods throughout the North Shore for new constructions, and has been recognized as being among the top 10% of agents in Greater Vancouver for the last six years.
Jon was presented the Pinnacle award through Sutton Group West Coast Realty in 2015 which recognizes outstanding sales achievement, and along with his team, has a combination of over 45 years experience in Vancouver’s real estate industry.
Jon is also a Ninja. Check out his North Shore luxury real estate website, created by RealtyNinja.
We think Jon is doing a great job marketing his business and positioning himself online, so before diving into the awesome Q&A, I’d like to share some Pezzente Real Estate modern marketing victories with you.
Victory #1: Jon has 2 Instagram accounts which showcase “the man” and “the brand”, respectively. Combined, they have over 800 followers. The latest post on Jon’s personal instagram account has 100 likes and 4 comments, and the latest post on the Pezzente business instagram account has 53 likes and 1 comment – and those aren’t even the best posts for either account! I admire how he has differentiated business and personal, but doesn’t shy away from either. People want to know what you do, but they also want to know who you are – and Jon gets that.
Takeaway #1: In many cases, being transparent and showing your audience the real you can be twice as engaging as business related content (or more). Read our thoughts on putting the REAL back in REALTOR® here.
Victory #2: Jon takes phenomenal real estate photos for his clients. Unless he is a professional photographer himself, I’m willing to bet he hires a pro to handle his listing photos because they are all impeccable. Not only do they make the properties he sells look fantastic, they provide massive value to his clients – and they make the Pezzente brand shine in high definition! Take a look at some awesome Pezzente real estate listing photos here.
Takeaway #2: Hire a professional photographer. It has been proven time and time again that high quality photos help sell real esate faster and for a higher price.
Victory #3: The Jon Pezzente Realty Facebook Page is focused on doing one thing, and doing it well. All of the Pezzente listings are shared to Facebook with beautiful, high definition photos, and all of the pertinent information, including open house dates and links to view more content – and that’s all. He doesn’t stray from this strategy – people know what to expect from Jon’s Facebook Page. His latest listing was posted on June 7th, contains 21 photos, and to date has received 386 likes, 40 shares and 186 comments – now THAT is Ninja. With over 1,600 total fans of the Jon Pezzente Realty page, and such high engagement on his posts, this is a big victory.
Takeaway #3: A social media strategy does not have to be all encompassing. It’s better to start small and focus on quality before expanding the scope.
As you can see, Jon has some awesome marketing at work for him, and we love having him as part of the Ninja family. The truth is though, Jon is a regular guy. He eats and sleeps and puts on his pants on one leg at a time (unconfirmed). He has the same number of hours in a day as we all do. What I’m saying is, if Jon can be a modern marketing Ninja, you can be too.
To show you just how normal of a guy Jon is, we’ve had some fun asking him 20 awesome questions. I hope his responses give you a little insight into who the man behind Pezzente Real Estate really is!
1. What are you most excited about for the summer?
My family’s large annual bocce tournament
2. What’s the last photo taken on your phone?
3. If you were an animal, which animal would you be and why?
Gorilla, because I’m always monkeying around.
4. What’s your favourite neighbourhood in Vancouver?
My neighbourhood – Central Lonsdale
5. If you could start learning a new skill or take up a new hobby today, what would it be?
6. If someone was making a film about your life, which famous actor would play you?
7. What might that movie be called?
Pezz Strikes Again
8. What are three items you want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island?
My iPhone, an espresso machine and my fiancé of course
9. When you think of the word successful, who is the first person that comes to mind?
My mentor and my uncle, Alfonso Pezzente
10. If you could erect a giant billboard in the middle of Vancouver with anything on it, what would it display?
The Pezzente name with my face of course
11. What is one unique ritual you have in the morning?
Hitting up my espresso machine
12. Who is one person you wish you could ninja-kick in the face?
I’m a lover not a fighter
13. Name three people (alive or dead) that you’d like to invite to dinner.
The Beibs, Chris Farley and The Victoria Swimsuit Model Team
14. It’s Saturday at 9:00 pm: What are you most likely doing and where?
Most likely spoiling my fiancé with a night on the town
15. If you were not in Real Estate, what would you likely be doing today?
I would be pursuing a professional rapping career
16. If you could time travel and witness any moment in the history of the world, what would it be?
Italy winning the world cup
17. What’s one question you enjoy being asked?
Would you like the rest of my sandwich?
18. What movie have you watched more than once?
19. If you could teleport back-and-forth between Vancouver and one other place in the world, where would that be?
20. Would you mind telling us something cool about one of your active listings?
The contemporary architecture of the brand new view home in Ambleside offered at $5,488,000. You can check out the listing here.
Contact Jon Pezzente
W: www.pezzente.com | IG: @pezzente_homes | FB: Jon Pezzente Realty
We hope that you enjoyed our first ever 20 questions with a REALTOR®. Leave a message for Jon and share your feedback with us in the comments below.
Until next week, Ninjas [-_-]~~~