Job Opportunity: Customer Support Ninja
We are RealtyNinja, a fast-growing software company that provides awesome websites to real estate agents across Canada.
We're passionate, location-independent experts from Canada, USA, Africa, Mexico and the Philippines; and we're looking to add an incredible full-time Customer Support Ninja to our team! Could that be you?
We're not just looking for anybody. We want someone who is exceptional, and not just good. We want a professional that is seeking a long term career from the comfort of their home anywhere in the world. Our goal is to offer friendly, qualified, knowledgable support that can be depended on for accurate and speedy responses.
As a Customer Support Ninja, you'll be responsible for helping our customers (Canadian real estate agents) via multiple channels. You'll be working with other people on our team and your responsibilities will include:
- Answering (and calling back) support related phone calls during business hours (Mon-Fri 9am-4pm PST).
- Operating our live chat (on realtyninja.com and in the backend of our customers websites) during business hours.
- Replying to customer support related emails (via Helpscout tickets).
- Working with our team via Basecamp, Slack, Helpscout, Dropbox, Google Apps and more.
- Virtually attending weekly team meetings and one-on-one's.
Our customers will need you to perform various tasks such as:
- Setting up their websites
- Making changes on their websites
- Helping/guiding them in how to manage their website
- Giving advice on best practices for their website
- Migrating content from a previous website
- Doing basic data-entry
- Troubleshooting issues with their website, real estate listings, domain, email, and other technical problems.
- Launching their website onto a domain name
The ideal candidate MUST:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Be working and available during 9am to 4pm PST (Vancouver) time from Monday to Friday.
- Have a strong track record of customer service or VA experience. Reference checks will be done.
- Love helping people, be friendly, empathetic, compassionate and understanding.
- Have a good internet connection (at least 3Mbps, ideally higher) and good computer along with a mic and webcam. We will communicate via phone and video, not just chat.
- Have a very high level of responsibility and professionalism, especially when communicating with customers and other team members. We highly value communication skills.
- Have strong technical ability. We don't need a computer scientist for this role, but we'd like you to already have a solid understanding of computers, the internet and modern technology.
- Familiar with common online software such as Basecamp, Helpscout, Olark, Slack, Dropbox, Freshbooks, MailChimp, Google Docs/Sheets/Drive, Zoom, etc. We will train you on the ones you don't know.
- Have a relatively up-to-date smartphone. We use apps like RingCentral for our phone system, Zoom for weekly video meetings, etc.
- Have a reliable, private, quiet space to work from on a daily basis.
- Be able to clarify a customer's requests to understand their requirements and challenges.
- Be able to clearly communicate potential solutions to customer challenges and provide additional customer education if needed.
- Be self-driven and self-managing (once trained up of course). We have extensive documentation that will help answer questions and carry out tasks autonomously.
- Be eager and quick at learning new skills and tasks.
- Be excellent at problem-solving and making successful decisions.
- Be fast and responsive to task requests and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Be able to learn from mistakes, and not be afraid to ask for help.
- Be able to start very soon!
The ideal candidate MUST NOT:
- Be working for other companies while employed (we want your full attention).
- Be an agency or company, we want an individual only. No exceptions.
- Be planning on quitting soon, we want to invest long-term in our team.
BONUS SKILLS - Nice to have, but not required:
- Web design and development experience
- Graphic design experience
- Domain name and email setup experience
- Content writing, SEO experience
- Marketing & sales experience
- Be an actual ninja (we have a few on our team already!)
- Full-time position (40 hours per week)
- Competitive salary
- Paid holidays and sick days
A little bit more about us
We launched RealtyNinja almost 8 years ago, are growing steadily and are one of the largest website providers to real estate agents in Canada. We are a group of 13+ passionate individuals that all work from different corners of the world. If you feel like you'd be a great addition to our team we'd love to hear from you!
How to apply for this position
** Please read this section carefully**
Email info[at]realtyninja.com with the following:
- Subject line "I'm the Ninja You're Looking For!"
- Attach your up-to-date resume or CV
- Answer the question below in your email or in a short video/audio clip. We really prefer videos because it gives us a good sense of you as the actual person, beyond just words in an email.
- Question: *Why are you the ideal person for this position?*
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates chosen for consideration will be required to have an initial video interview with our co-founders as well as a more comprehensive questionnaire.
Best of luck! Thank you!